Overwhelmed by the Needs December 11, 2008 13:01
Over the past 3 days, I’ve spent a great deal of time traveling here and there to see the incredible work of Harvest India. We have…
- Played with 300+ orphaned children in an amazing children’s home.
- Dedicated a water purification plant for the children’s home.
- Dedicated a new ambulance for an “old-aged” home so they can get to and from the hospital.
- Visiting a well that was sponsored by Facebook Friends of Harvest India.
- Fed hundreds of street children, adults with HIV, and the elderly.
- Visited a transitional living center for street children who have lived in the railway stations.
- Held a Christmas celebration for the town of Tenali.
Although I’ve been amazed by the incredible needs, I have been overjoyed by the beautiful smiles and warm hearts of the Indian people. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed just playing and spending time with them.
Tomorrow, we’ll be dedicating the water well on behalf of the Kauzbots Kommunity. I can’t wait to give you an update!