KAUZBOTS Team Travels to China July 20, 2009 20:44
In July, two of our KAUZBOTS team members (John Weeks and David Trotter) traveled to southern China to finalize the designs of five more bots to be released in the Fall and to visit the KAUZBOTS manufacturing facility. For the week-long trip, we were accompanied by our US-based manufacturer’s representative.
A few highlights included:
- Spending two full days shopping in fabric marts in China and Hong Kong.
- Designing KAUZBOTS for Causecast.org, Music Saves Lives, Heal Africa, Royal Family Kids’ Camps, and Invisible Children.
- Meeting the incredible team of men and women who hand-craft each one of our KAUZBOTS.
- Seeing, photographing, and filming the quality working conditions where KAUZBOTS are made. (video to be posted soon)
- Taking in the sights and sounds of a country that is rich with heritage and known for hard-working men and women.
- Eating BBQ eel and several other unknown items.
We’ll post a video tour of the manufacturing facility very soon, and we’re excited to introduce you to five new KAUZBOTS and amazing non-profits in the Fall.